Sunday, January 14, 2007

Encouragement from Sister Aisha

The following was sent to me 01/01/07 by our sister in the Lord, Aisha Renee Parks:


Listen to this, the Holy Spirit showed me this awesome thing and I want to encourage you with it.
Last night the Holy Spirit told me this:
The things that we struggle with in life are those things of the sinful nature of man, which is mentioned in Galatians 5:19-21."When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these. Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God". (NLT)
If you notice all of our struggles can be placed in one of these categories and that is Satan's way of trying to seperate us from Chirst. But in Romans 8:38-39 states, "And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love.No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord." (NLT)
The enemy knows our struggles and then He also challenges us with new struggle to challenge our faith in God, but not only that He tries to stop us from producing good fruit, which are the fruits of the spirit, which are mentioned in Galatians 5:22-23, "But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!" (NLT)
It is up to us to pray for the fruits of the spirit on a daily basis, even when we are in the midst of sinning and recognize our sin we have to as God for the specific fruit of the spirit to overcome our sin. For example, for me I struggle with lustful thoughts about my future husband, therefore I have been recently praying for self-control when I am in the midst of that sin.
Paul states, that we have to die daily to our flesh and that is concerning our old behaviors, or as Ephesians states we have to step out of the old man and into the new man. We are new creators in Christ and when we step outside of Him we run the risk of conforming back into the old man or old self.
I encourage you with this message in whatever it is that you are facing and say that, "greater is He that is in you, than He is in the world". Because we have seek to do the Father's will He will help us in everything. In John 15: 4, it states,"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. For a branch cannot produce fruit if it is severed from the vine, and you cannot be fruitful unless you remain in me."
Don't let the enemy take you out of the Lord because when you do, it can all go down hill from there. But thank God for His grace and mercy that if that does happen He is faithful and just to forgive us and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
I hope that you can apply this message to your life in some way. God bless you.
Your sister in Christ,
Aisha

There is more emails to post from Sister Aisha. Be Blessed!

No comments: