Saturday, June 16, 2007

Loneliness Sucks... Aloneness Still Matters!

I have to admit for the past few weeks I have been feeling a bit lonely. I'm 21 years old and I never had a girlfriend. This was intentional on my part. I didn't want to be detoured from establishing myself professionally, financially, geographically, and emotionally. I hated high school and it seemed that most of the girls around me back then weren't noticing me and had been around the block a couple of times if you know what I mean. I'm in my last leg of college and I haven't really been attracted to any girl up on campus except two but I reckoned their taken.
I truly think also that I'm not ready to enter in a relationship of that capacity let alone marriage. I have a lot of insecurities that has deep roots in my past. So I try not to pursue anybody even if I was presented with a opportunity.
When I am alone they seem to creep of on me. The Scriptures say that we are to cast down imaginations (2 Corinthians 10: 5 KJV) that exalt themselves against the knowledge of God. It's truly a daily struggle. I share my struggles with a dear friend of mine Aisha. She has similar struggles as myself. Aisha is one of a handful of people I can be honest about my pain.
Loneliness really sucks... if I keep seeing myself as lonely. Loneliness is optional. Aloneness is inevitable in life. Aloneness is good when I realize that my Father is ever so near. The Scriptures say that "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." (Psalms 46:1 KJV). Everyday God reminds us that I don't have to feel or be lonely. God is with me all the time.
It would be nice to have a companion, but slowly but surely she will come in God's timing. So the Heavenly Father is my constant friend and companion. He alone truly understands the deep wounds inside my soul that I wrestle with everyday and He alone is the Healer and Keeper of my soul. Thank You LORD God that Your are there when I need You and You are there to guide me into all Truth by the Spirit. Thank you, Abba.

3 comments:

SLW said...

Jason,
Found you through crossing your path over at The Real Faith. In discovering you were a fellow Pennsylvanian, thought I'd stop by and pray God's blessings upon you as you pursue your course into ministry. God is faithful to stand by you the whole way. Shalom.

Jason Oliver Evans said...

Thanks, Pastor (slw). I'll made sure to check your blog from to time to time. Maybe you can write up a post for any advice for pastors-to-be.

Anonymous said...

I hear you on this one, bro. Trust that that amazing woman God is preparing for you is praying for you as you pray for her. In His timing...it's all in His timing. Yeah, I need to take that bit of truth myself. Being patient is so tough as I'm sure you understand :)