Thursday, September 06, 2007

Christ Really Matters!

"But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8 KJV

I just got back from the Park City Mall in Lancaster, PA. I picked up some books for Bible Campus Ministries tonight. I still have a mild tension headache. As I reflect on the thoughts that I have this morning, I'm beginning to realize how much that I need the Lord Jesus Christ. I need Him to live. I need His strength, His peace, His protection, His Comfort, His Truth, His love, His grace. I need Him now more than ever before. I just don't need Him to save me (which is daily), but I need His leading. He is Lord and Savior. My God, He's the only Way out of this system of confusion. Proverbs declares that the fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge (1:7). I really need to reverence the LORD of Glory. His Justice, His Righteousness, His Light, His Salvation, His Power, His Anointing keeps me from drowning in the seas of doubt and despair. Though at times I feel like giving up the charades that Christians are prone to play by giving up on Jesus, His Love keeps me from falling. And if I fall, He is there to catch me. What a mighty God we serve!

It's almost time to facilitate the first session of Bible Campus Ministries. I really don't like the name but that's neither here nor there.

No comments: