Monday, December 17, 2007

Break

It's a brand new day. I've completed fall semester at Millersville University. I must say it wasn't my best semester. I may have to retake an major-related course. It's Electronic systems and I'm allergic to all things that have to do with the theoretical aspects of electricity, electromagnetism, and so forth. I've forgotten about everything I've learned this past semester or at least my mind is a blur. Spring 2008 semester is my final semester. Wow, so soon?

Over the break I have a lot of things to do with the future. First I have to schedule a visit with two culinary schools: the International Culinary Center in NYC, and L'Academie de Cuisine outside D.C. Then I have to apply to six seminaries: Regent, Duke, Gordon-Conwell, Western/Multnomah (these two possibly are merging), Princeton, and Trinity Evangelical for fall 2009. I'm trying to get these applications on a roll. I haven't taken the GREs yet so I'll be commencing the study of the coursebook over my one month.

I started to read How to Read a Book: A Classic Guide to Intelligent Reading by Mortimer Atler. I read about this book a couple months back. I want to increase my understanding when reading difficult reading material. It's very good so far.

It's good to be back to rest from my labor. But I can't dilly-dalley for too long. I have a lot to do and I don't want time to pass me by. However, I don't want to stress about it either. God has been good to me and I want to think and pray these things through. I hope to meet my short-term goals (which includes getting a passport and driver's license). In addition I have to initiate some plans for BCM.

I hope and pray this Advent season we may all reflect on the One who is the Reason for this season and all others. As my brother in the Lord Halden Doerge reminds us, "He is coming." Even so, Come Lord Jesus!

Blessings.

No comments: